20 September 2010

Terrible horrible no good very bad day

Did anyone else read that book when they were kids?

Well, yesterday was one such day for me.  It didn't start out that way.  It started nicely enough, despite some of the boys complaining about going to religious school.  They went off to school and I watched the children of the teacher.  It was fun to get my baby fix.

The boys came home and we all had lunch together and then set off for Cox Farms, which has a fall festival every year.  They have huge slides set up on hay, hay "mountains" to climb, rope swings, hay rides, baby animals and more.  The kids love it, and we won tickets via  the great site:  http://www.dullesmoms.com.

When we got out of our car, though, we realized we had a nearly flat tire.  So, we took the boys around the festival together for a while and then Horatio headed out to the car to change the tire.  Unfortunately, the dealer put the lug nuts on so tight, he could not get them off.  Roadside assistance took 45 minutes to arrive and they couldn't remove the lug nuts either!  So, they called a tow truck.  I called a dear friend, who came to the rescue of the 4 tired, sweaty, cranky boys and me, while Tom waited for what ended up being about 4 hours for the truck to arrive.

I took the boys home, got them showered and fed and off to bed.  Then, just before going to bed, I remembered I'd put my ID in my pocket, so I went down to the laundry room to get it, only to find it wasn't there.  I looked everywhere and could not find it.  SO, I can add that to my list.

I have to take the car in to the shop to get the tire fixed or replaced and get myself to a military base to replace my ID.

It was a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day, but it could have been worse if I'd been there alone with the boys and Horatio had already left on his pending deployment.

SO, I can be thankful for life's little favors, no matter how hard they are to spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment